Friday, May 3, 2013

The Farmer's Wife: An Extended Stay

For my birthday in March, I received The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt Book.  I had already joined the Yahoo Group a couple months ago so I used the time until now to start planning.  Would I use the templates or the paper-piecing instructions and patterns found in the Yahoo group?  Well, I actually don't know yet.  I am did however pick out the colors!  I am going with Yellow, Gray, & Black, with White for background.  I really wanted to go with the PB&J line for this project, but I decided to go with specific colors instead as I have been told to plan on it taking 2 years to complete this project and I don't want to be shot on fabrics.  Once I have a better understanding on how much fabric it will take I might make another one later in a specific line of fabric if I decide to go that way.

So currently my goal is to complete one block a week or 3 blocks a month!  I plan to share the blocks on Fridays and make ti my Farmer's wives Fridays.  I have a blog friend who will be joining me as we both slowly make our way through the book!  Have you done the book before or would you like to join us as well?  It's low expectations so no need to feel stressed if you want to join up with us.

Hopefully I will have something to share with you next week!

*Shanna

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's really cool and should be quite lovely when it is done. I will certainly swing by and check it out as you're moving along!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!