Friday, May 18, 2012

Red, White and Blue Blog Hop

I am sorry that I have been away for so long.  I have been caught up in the moment to my packing and getting ready for our move next weekend.  Our apartment is full of boxes stacked in the corner and I have reached that point where I am no longer sorting items but just stuffing them in a box.  I thought I would be a little depressed about this, but I keep reminding myself that I purged 4 shopping carts last fall and 2 this spring in anticipation of our move.  Not only that, but I also purged my fabric stash by many, many yards of fabrics I was never going to use.  Now I just have to get rid of a few more rolls of decor fabric once we've settled on our color pallet for the living room.  I am planning to redo a chair we have with some fabric I was given, at least I pray it is the right color so I don't have to shop for fabric.

Madame Samm At SEW WE QUILT has done it again!  Along with her friend Jane, they shall be hosting the Red, White & Blue Blog hop this July!  There 100 people signed up to share their blocks, I hope you will be willing to check it out!  It's one of the first projects I hope to tackle when we get moved in next weekend.  I am hoping to put together a little quilt with the block I put together for my post in the blog hop, maybe a nice picnic blanket.  I also need to get working on my Quilt for our Baby Girl!

I really, really wanted to be involved with Giveaway Day this year with my own giveaway, but it fell on the worst weekend for me for obvious reasons.  Plus my fabric and craft items are already packed!  Please check it out for yourself though but clicking on the icon.  Perhaps I will have to arrange a little giveaway after I move to purge just a little more fabric!

2 comments:

I love to hear from my readers!