Friday, December 16, 2011

TGIFF7: Free Motion Joy and a Whole lot of Scrappiness!


I finished a Christmas mini-quilt and hung it on my new mini-quilt table holder (with optional tree header) that I was able to pick up from Connecting Threads for $16 USD.  It's the only sign of Christmas in the whole apartment right now unfortunately, but perhaps I will get the Advent Calendar tonight for the Friday Night Sew-In!  I cut out the letters which was ironed onto fusible web and then did my own sort of free-motion tree around the words.  It was kind of fun, but it makes me look forward to all the FMQ stitch practice I will be doing this next year, it definitely is needed!

I think I listed and featured most of my finished projects on my WIP posting this week, please take a gander/peek if you wish!

I do not know if I will get to the Advent Calendar, but I can tell you a couple of the items I am hoping to tackle tonight!  The first being these placements on the left that I have been working on since the Spring! I think I have finally figured out how I will be adding the word art that has been flummoxing me for many months.  

The next item on my list is to do some planning with my overflowing collecting of scrap bag strips!  This container on the right is not quite all of them even, so I must get something planned with them.  I have been using them for baby bibs and burp cloths for baby shower gifts, but I am thinking of making some lap quilts with several of the lines I have here.


New projects (since last Friday)- 6
In process - 18
Finishes (Since last Friday)- 15

Linking up this week to:
TGIFF hosted this week by Lucy @Charm about you,
Finish It Up Friday hosted by Amanda Jean@Crazy Mom Quilts!
Also check out Laura's  QAYG-FMQ-QAL for 2012!

Giveaway day-My winners have been picked, notified, and now I am waiting to hear back from them before I announce the winners either Saturday or Sunday (American Central Time)!  Tomorrow night I attend my first baby shower for my own little girl, Ziona!  I am rather nervous actually!



4 comments:

  1. So cute, Shanna! I didn't realize the tree was just FMQ'ed until you pointed it out. Cool! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fmq tree is fantastic! So cute! So glad you got to link up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mini quilt, and how you FMQ'd your own tree. What a great deco. for your apt. I love those mini quilt hangers, too. You have alot of projects going at the moment, but 15 finishes in one week? That's fantastic! Enjoy your first baby shower.. good times. :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I have to get one of those table hangers. They are just so perfect for minis, and you could change them out all year long. Love! Good luck with the rest of your WIPs. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!