Friday, December 9, 2011
TGIFF6: At the End of the Rainbow...
2. Place paper cut-out roughly where you want to put the piece.
3. Sketch roughly around the other pieces
4. You then cut along those lines, sketch again & cut paper until it fits the area you woud like to fill.
5. Place paper on the fabric piece, cutting along the one side first (which ever side has more items to fit the piece around).
6. Place in the area you are wanting to fill, adjust piece just in case it does not fit correctly
7. If the other side is open (not filled with other pieces) you can cut however you would like, be creative.
8. When piece is as you would like, pull the backing off and iron in place. Move onto the next piece you would like to add.
The black background is two pieces of Kona solid black fabric spray-basted with a layer of Warm & Natural cotton batting between. I cannot tell you how to go through this process sanely with pin-basting since every can shift around and cause possible bubbles so I spray-baste. It was finished off with zig-zagging around each piece and then a little FMQ on the outside edges, then bound with a black print with grey pebbles.
I postponed my "Occupy Sewing Room" challenge to do all day tomorrow (I wasn't feeling well so crafting did not go long today). You should click on the button on the right side to find out all about it. I will post what I accomplish on Sunday. Also we have announced the winner & the name of our little girl: "Ziona Katriel" You can find out more about what that means reading my Husband's POST!
My Friend Katie also has some great Christmas giveaways on her blog, Shades of Grey, go check it out!
I am linking up this week to:
TGIFF being hosted by M-R at Quilt Matters
& Finish it up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts