Sunday, March 3, 2013

UFO/WIP10: Marching On...

So we are two months down, with one month to go in the 2013 Finish-A-long.  I am doing another full update so this post shall be picture heavy, so please excuse the length, or well at least it shall be much longer than my usual long posts!  I AM making headway and I WILL get these projects completed eventually, even if it is not this Quarter.  I guess the biggest unknown is going to be what other unfinished projects will I find when we are able to unpack more of the boxes from our move last May??!!  I am dreading that as my list will look impossible then.  Sorry for using some old shots, I am hoping to take some new photos in a couple of weeks when things are less scattered.

Still In Process:

(Wonky) Christmas Advent Calendar:  I HAVE FOUND MATCHING THREAD!!!!! 
Dot Explosion Quilt:  I need to finish assembling rows, now going to make this one be a toddler bed/Crib Quilt sized, I was thinking Twin before, but it just wouldn't work in my brain.  
Easy Street Mystery Quilt:  all the 4-patch blocks & Flying Geese are assembled (I am making half the blocks required for a smaller quilt ), I am currently using this as my Leaders & Enders project in between and around other projects (See Quiltville blog). (Need updated picture)

Fish Quilt:  Frustrating and hated pattern but I am trying to complete anyways. Very Low on List.

I'll Fly Away Quilt:  I plan to use this one as my Leader/Enders project after the Easy Street Quilt.
March's Scrap Challenge Projects:  1 Project kit ready to go with fabric cut

Martinique Strip Quilt:  Need to assemble more strips, some are sewn into two strip blocks
Party Dress:  Close to a finish! [Project was Ziona's Birthday Dress]
Poppy Wall Hanging:  No progress for a while
Rainbow Block Quilt:   I have made this my orphan rainbow block quilt

Rose Star Quilt:   I have figured out a new pattern for this quilt; currently in 4-patch and 2-patch segments.  I plan to order some cream/off-white and some marble rose (Image) fabrics
Summersault Patch Quilt:  Need to assemble more strips, some are sewn into two strip blocks

Limbo-landed Items:
Chain Quilt:  Top is complete, back & bindings in process [POST]

Red Eye Quilt:  Top & backing complete, bindings are in process [POST]
Squares & Patches Quilt:  Top & backing complete, bindings are in process [POST]
Time Warp Quilt:  Top is complete, back & bindings in process [POST]
Zig-Zag Quilt:  Top is complete, back & bindings in process [POST]

New Items not on First Quarter List:
Birthday Bibs:  Started, post to come soon, hopefully as a finish!
Cousin #2's Dress:  Need to gather & make button loops and finish
Modern Squares Table Runner:  Needs backing, sandwiching and stitching!
Scrappy Hearts 1 Wall Hanging:  All of the mini-hearts complete, assembly required.
Scrappy Hearts 2 Wall Hanging:  Fabric cut (upper right quadrant), need to make hearts
Spring Checkers mini-quilt:  Pinned, but set to the side until I make up mind about colour of thread.

Completed Items:
Four Squares Weekend Quilt:  Complete.  [POST]
Playdate Dress:  Complete.  [POST]
Two + Two Blouse:  Complete.  [POST]

Completed Items not on First Quarter List:
Coming Soon


By the way, thank you for your patience with me on repeating items I have been focusing/featuring as I have been sick and have not been up to my peak level of, well, anything to be honest.  I have been required to take a rest this next week and plan to takeoff time from any most crafting while I recover.  Plus my husband will be working on rearranging our bedroom/craft room for me!  I will post some pictures when it is complete to show you the changes we will make.

Tomorrow I will get you caught up on all the BOM blocks I was working on yesterday, so see you later!


* Shanna

Are you thinking of going scrappy or focus on your stash this year?  If you have time, link up your posts each month with your own personal challenges.  Check out March's post:  HERE and the Flickr group:  A Scrapful Life..

I am linking up to:


2013 Finish-a-long hosted by Leanne @She Can Quilt
UFO Sunday hosted by Leah @ The Free Motion Quilting Project
WIP Wednesday hosted by Lee @ Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. You are doing an awesome job on those projects, Shanna. I LOVE that dot explosion and those scrappy hearts.

    I can't believe we are already three months into this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!