Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What's In Progress For FNSI?




Easy Street:  8-Side setting triangles
It doesn't feel like it was that long ago when I spread out the king Sized batting on my living room floor and tried to lay out as many finished tops on it as I could, 4 was the best configuration that I could do.  The quilt in the lower left hand corner was finished many months ago before I took my blog-break.  Tomorrow, the binding on the quilt in the lower right hand corner will be in place and hopefully ready to show.  In the evenings, when my husband would like me to come out and breathe the air in the living room, I have been hand-stitching the binding on while we catch up on our favorite cooking shows.

Easy Street:  4-Block #2
This Friday we have Friday Night Sew-in on the Schedule.  Have you heard about it?  Ladies from all over the world lock themselves into their craft rooms and dedicate the time to working on their list of items.  It's like a mini-retreat but without all the traveling, some might call it a staycation.  My plan is to work on the backing and prep the binding for the quilts in the upper half of the photo (Zigzag, and Time Warp). The Easy Street Mystery Quilt, by Bonnie Hunter, has been really going well, but it has reached that part where I might have to to take a couple days break.  I have been keeping myself at a brutal pace to meet my deadline of completing the quilt top before she shares the Next Mystery, which starts November 29th.


Random Triangles needs some love and attention as well.  I have these plans of doing something with the border to make it more interesting.  I cut the Orange border larger than it needs to be to have more flexibility for what I come up with.  Sometimes you just don't see the design until you are cutting away at it, thus revealing it.  I hope I am able to get somewhere with this project.

What are you working on?

I am linking up to:
WIP Wednesday with Lee @Freshly Pieced
Friday Night Sew-In with Wendy @Sugarlane Designs

*\o/* Cheers
Shanna 

** Check out my post HERE, leave a comment to be entered in to win one of four traveling stash boxes (US Residents  with a blog only, sorry).  I choose the winners on Saturday morning.***

***For International followers I will be having a giveaway specifically for you starting November 17th. So please be looking for it!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!