TGIFF and set up the linky party for others to share their finished projects. I hope it all works out well! I will be sharing my fun recipe for making your own Hot chocolate mix. My goal this week has been to tackle some of my WIP list, get it down to a more manageable list. First off I cleared up the list on the sidelines by deleting projects that haven't actually been started, off my list. That knocks off 8 items that I realized when I went looking for them, that did not yet exist!
The binding though is ready (pictured below), and perhaps I may have overdid it with 27 yards of the yellow binding for the Christmas runners. But then I always kind of feel elated when I am working on a project and I find perfectly coordinating binding already made-up, it sort of feels like cheating. I have 8 yards each of the green and blue binding, however I realized when looking at them again that I made up the blue in 2 1/4 inch wide instead of 2 1/2 inch wide. so I may need to make up another set for the blue/yellow tumbler quilt if I decide to machine-stitch the binding I will need the extra 1/4 inch.
Of course a week cannot go by without started just one tiny little extra project that is needed for some important reason. I am however very stuck on this one because it calls for me to cut the blocks so that they are not all lining up with each other. It truly is a struggle to not line all these boxes on the advent calendar up like little soldiers. I used the pattern on Sew Mama Sew, however I modified it (of course) to fit what I was wanting (mostly matching boxes for one thing), so maybe it doesn't have to look wonky either! I also just cut the numbers out by hand rather then follow a template for them (I did cut out an extra batch of numbers so I can have them ready if I make another one).
Well I am off to take another picture of my baby girl, Nugette (nickname until we can reveal her name), my greats WIP project that I am currently working on, that's for sure!