Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WIP: "The Flight of The Bumble Bee..."

I am trying so hard not to tear into the new fabrics I spoke about on Monday to get working on Nugette's quilt (don't forget to check out her naming contest).  Plus I still have a few more Christmas presents to try to get done by Friday's TGIFF linky party!  The picture in the upper left hand corner starts off today's WIP list with the Ticker Tape Wall hanging a new addition for this week!  My belly and I are getting the background spray basted in preparation (with a mask, don't you worry),  I added a few pins just in case.  I did add my baby bump, we call her "Nugette," to my WIP list on my side bar this week, she has been counted in my numbers since I started, but someone pointed out she should be on the list!

I have 12 more Christmas Projects that I started this past Saturday, but I was able to finish 9 of them on Monday evening Post, but now I need to get them gift wrapped with the Hot chocolate mix that I make-up every year for gifts (and personal consumption of course!).  I am gifting them in tea tins and then plan to wrap the whole bundle in plastic & ribbons.  [I plan to share the recipe for the hot Chocolate mix next Friday when I am hosting my first TGIFF linky party!]

I do have 4 more "Mug rugs" to complete.  I only have one left to do for Christmas and then the other three I plan to use as prizes for my baby shower or maybe as birthday gifts this spring, I really haven't made up my mind yet!


I also started another 6 baby bibs, some of which I plan to give for Christmas, some are for the Spring Baby Boom (I have 7 friends due within 3-4 weeks of myself!) which I intend to pair with a burp cloth for a little set.  Since almost all the babies are little girls or supposed to be, I pulled out Tula Pink's Spirit fabric from my Moda scrap bag collection.  A friend walked into my craft room the other day and exclaimed over my large bundle of bias tape, which is what I like to use on my bibs that tie;  I made it.  Yes, I was crazy, and spent many hours when we were back home in the Alaskan winter evenings cutting and ironing strips to make a million yards of bias tape!  I have to say in part it was so worth it because in the 3 years we have lived here I have only run out of one of my bundles, the green one of course!

I also found more UFO-WIP's from some storage boxes which has grossly inflated my WIP count!

So my WIP's this week are:
New projects -22 (Since last Wednesday)
In process - 42 (Found a few more in boxes, sigh)
Finishes - 16 (Since last Wednesday)


For another happy little finish, we have for your viewing pleasure a nice little blue table-topper I made for one for one of the end tables in my living room (I hate to dust)!  I have plans to make a second one to match for the other table.  I know I said I wasn't going to make anymore items for our household, we have plans to move in 6 months, but I have plans to bring these end tables with us!  Plus it was already started so I was trying to get it off my WIP count (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).


Linking up at these places this week:WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. WOW, serious productivity! Take Care and remember to put your feet up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bibs are super cute! I love that patchy mug rug too. Did you post your hot chocolate recipe? I have some mug things that I could use to make up a fun (cheap) gift to give out to folks.
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are amazing, Shanna! Your FMQ is fantastic! Way to go on those projects. Looking forward to what seeing what you share on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so busy!! I love the little table-topper. The quilting on it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!