Thursday, July 5, 2012

27-WIP--Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July!  Last night we woke Ziona so she could watch her first set of fireworks from the upper landing with many of our neighbors.  She was definitely underwhelmed and looked at us in curiosity.  Thankfully we were about 2 miles from the launch site so it wasn't nearly as loud as it would have been if we had we been at the event.  We had a wonderful meal with some friends this evening so I put aside my crafting for the day.  Tomorrow I am hoping to work on a few more of my blocks for the RW&B Blog hop.  I will be posting my turn on July 13th!
So It's late now, long after my husband and baby girl have drifted off to slumberland.  I just can't seem to fall asleep tonight, so I thought I would show you how my finished brick pathway quilt is now looking now that I have the binding sewn on.  It's counterpart will be at the top of my to do this for my POD List this week.
Brick Pathway Quilt 1 Front

Here is the back of the quilt

A Close-up of the back with its stitching

Nicely folded up on a chair in the living room!

And now for the WIP projects I am looking at this week!

Brick Path Quilt #2--(Sorry no new picture)


Blue/Black Churn Dash-- I am thinking ideas about a unique sashing idea.

Double Pinwheel Twist--Need to add back, stitch & bind


Jacob's Ladder Quilt--Needs sashing, backing, stitching & binding

Blocks & Patches-In the same position
Cowboy Table Topper-
I am still not ready to talk about this disaster.


Poppy Quilt-
In my timely fashion I am now finally figuring out how I want to make a quilt for my friend's baby girl (who was born last June!), perhaps for her 1st birthday?  Its a really cute pattern from Erin R called Dimensional Poppy she shared last year on her blog.  I almost have this worked out in my head.

Colorful Chain Quilt-
I started this Quilt last year to make a signature quilt for a friend and her husband who was battling cancer and going through the gambit of tests, radiation, and surviving.  Almost 6 months after he is in remission and here the blocks still sit.  This is one of those projects that I really feel bad about, because I messed up their construction so I have to do so much extra work to square these off.

 Fruits of The Spirit Quilt-
These blocks were going to be placemats once upon a time, but the more I play around with these not-so-quick random 4-patches, the more I realize that they might make a better quilt.  I am now in planning stage, trying to figure out where to place the words and if I should add something spiffy for the border!


Advent Calender-
In the same condition as the past couple months unfortunately...I have to mark the top for stitching and there is currently no room to set up my large cutting table to make sure the lines are straight.  This project has no chance for completion until I can get a new marking pen to get my stitching lines straight.

Conclusion-
I definitely need to complete my blocks for the Red, White & Blue Blog hop, but I am hoping to get one of the quilt tops made into a quilt.  It might be the brick Pathway Quilt #2 or I may get inspired by a couple others I have found from the boxes so far!

Linking up this week to:




Bowls with borders?  Huh?!  Yeah that was my confused reaction at first, but then you see the pictures of some projects and its just too tempting!  Only a few more days and they will be closing the door on being added to the blog hop, I just got my acceptance myself.  Check it out, it just may be just as interesting to you too... Head over to SEW WE QUILT to learn more.


Also be sure to check out this past week's TGIFF because I hosted!  Click HERE to see the post.  





1 comment:

  1. Wow....you have been busy. I have always loved the Jacob's Ladder pattern and yours looks awesome.

    Ziona looks adorable in her RW&B outfit.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!