Saturday, March 7, 2015

More Gabriella Fae

This was Project #30 on my First Quarter list HERE for the Finish-a-long.



I wanted to share with you another Gabriella Fae dress that I finished a few weeks ago.  I really wanted to get a great outside shot with my daughter wearing the garment, the wind gently swaying the skirt about. However, with the ice storms sweeping thru the area in the past couple of weeks or so, it just was not possible!

Once again, the variety one can do with this pattern is fantastic!  With this project I have incorporated the gathered bodice with the long sleeves and a longer skirt in a size 5 for growth.  The back sports a pink zipper.  If you are interested in checking out this dress for yourself, you can pick it up from the Scientific Seamstress Etsy shop HERE.  I cannot help how much I love how this dress turned out!

Honestly, I want to share that the best part of using a Scientific Seamstress pattern is their private facebook group! I have never met such an encouraging group of sewers!  I took part in a couple pattern testings for Gabriella Fae as well as the Carolina Mae, the adult version.  It was weeks of testing, I did 5 muslins on the Carolina Mae alone as Carla was that concerned that she wanted to make sure that the dress would fit as many women and their body types as possible.  They opened a private group for each testing and it felt like a group collaboration.  There were people chiming in from Australia (I often sew in the middle of the night; they were awake having lunch) when I had a problem with understanding a part of the pattern that was new to me.




I am linking up this week to:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Fridays @TGIFF
WHOOP, WHOOP Fridays @Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Link A Finish Friday @ Richard & Tanya Quilt
Fabric Tuesdays @ Quilt Story
Needle & Thread Thursday @My Quilt Infatuation

*\o/* Cheers
Shanna

PS-I wanted to share with you what SS is doing for March.  They like to have themes for their contests.  I have about 3 projects in the works myself that I cannot wait to share! Blogpost HERE



1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers!