Friday, September 16, 2011

WIP: The Cutting Floor

Welcome to Friday!  I had promised you a tutorial on finishing the quilt top from last Friday's tutorial, but I had to put it to the side for a more important project that I will be telling you about in the next couple of weeks.  I promise I will come back to it and I think in the end you will understand.  In the meantime I have taken pictures of several projects that currently in the works, you have have had glimpses of them in the past.

This is called a 3-yard quilt for the obvious reason that it uses 3 yards of fabric for the quilt top!   I don't usually use a bought pattern but I am trying out different color combinations and thought this would be a great pattern to try.  The print has so many colors in it and is such a fun find last fall that I have been wishing that I had bought more than 2.5 yards! 

This is actually the blocks and parts for two quilt tops, the pattern is developing as I play with these wonderful colors from the "Origins" line that came out last year from Moda.  I am trying two different ideas out as I play with the blocks!

This project can be one or two quilt tops with fabric from another Moda fabric as well as solid colored Charm squares from their "Bella Solids" line.  I plan for this one to be a lap quilt size, therefore I wanted to make sure I have enough blocks.  I have more to say about this project another day when I can share the whole story, but needless to say I am super excited about this project.
So this is just a taste of what I have on my table today!  I will show you next Friday if I am able to advance in these projects or if I have foolishly added more projects to my pile.  The yellow and black fabric I showed you yesterday is taunting me, trying to get me to work on these projects so we can start playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!