Monday, November 7, 2011

SR-W45: "The Story..."


Judy at Patchwork Times has been my inspiration since I found her blog several months ago; you ought to go look at everything she has going on.  She has many things on her site that I wish I could be involved with, the first being the stash reports, a stash-busting effort on behalf of quilters everywhere!  They are already at Week 45 of 2011 and so I plan to follow along from this point onward and hopefully be  a part of the Stash-busting circle starting in the new year.  So this is to be my first Stash Report Monday; it has taken me literally months to sort, iron, organize, and count my fabric!  The funniest part of the whole process has been that they do not even state total amount of fabric they start out with in the Stash Quilt Group.  So if I had been paying better attention I could have started sooner, but better late than never I like to say.  I am hoping this keeps me accountable to be using the resources at hand as much as possible!

Busted this Week:                    2.0
Busted from 10/01/2011:        142.5 (137.25 Yards given away this past week)
Stashed this Week:                   1.75
Stashed from 10/01/2011:          8.5
Net Busted for 2011(from 10/01/2011):  134.00

I also am really hoping to be a part of the UFO 2012, but I am unsure how that might work with the new baby in February and the apartment move in May/June.  I may need to hold off signing up for that this year, but I am sure I will definitely have UFO projects for 2013!

As I am working on my WIP from last Wednesday still, I feel so happy to have finished 8 projects by this past Friday for Finish It Up Friday, however FIF took a break it seems.  Randomly, from my planned 1-hour of clicking, I got connected with another encouraging group called TGIFF which stands for "Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday."  I have already met some lovely people from the links, I hope you will click on the button on my sidebar and take a look at it!  Hopefully I will be able to conquer my project lists, bust some of my fabric piles, collections, possible fabric-hoarding issues, and be inspired all the while!

Don't forget to check out our new round for the baby name contest on my husband's blog:  http://toshav-sojourner.blogspot.com

Below is a one of my favorite songs, one that truly inspires me and reminds me that each of our stories are unique.  See you tomorrow for Basting Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!