Sunday, February 1, 2015

Pattern Testing: Treasured For Dolls

Lilac Lanes is a sweet pattern company that I have purchased several patterns and their book.  I probably looked ridiculous in real land when I saw a call for pattern testers.  I might have been decked out in PJ's, I definitely squealed and I might have done a dance (I can't really confirm).

Treasured is the name of a Little girl dress pattern, this is it's Dollie version for 18" & 15" Dolls like the American Girl Doll.  My version is made from one fabric with a white sash, which is attached to the dress in the front, so no need to hunt it down later (you can also use ribbon for the sash).

The Front:

The Side Shot:


The Back:

I love this little dress!  There are so many little options with colors, trims, closures and sashes.  I chose to use ksnaps for closures because they are easier than velcro for my daughter.  One of my favorite items on this dress is something that you cannot see!  On the inside of the dress, I used tiny bias tape that has been passed down to me by my great-grandmother.  In her cache of Raggedy Ann & Andy patterns, clothes and supplies, I found a card of tiny bias tape almost exactly the color of the fabric I chose!

It was my opinion that this is an intermediate level pattern.  I don't think it's for a beginning sewer, but if you have some experience sewing then you will enjoy this treat!  You can find it HERE @ Lilac Lane

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I am linking up this week to:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Fridays @TGIFF
WHOOP, WHOOP Fridays @Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Link A Finish Friday @ Richard & Tanya Quilt
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Fabric Tuesdays @ Quilt Story
Needle & Thread Thursday @My Quilt Infatuation

*\o/* Cheers
Shanna

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on it, Shanna, and I love that you used the special bias tape.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!