Saturday, January 5, 2013

Stash Report Saturday: Scrap Challenge 2013

I feel a bit ashamed of myself.

I wasn't doing so bad with my stash-busting until the latter quarter of 2012.  I did not accomplish nearly as many projects as I started either.  So here I am sitting here, looking at the figures from 2012, which look better than they could have because of a 2-week mad-dash to complete some projects in mid-December.  But the figures still do not look that great to me.  I feel even worse after reading a past post on Bonnie's Quitville's Quips & Snips written about 7.5 years ago that kind of hit me hard at the knees.

And so here I am starting back over a year later trying not to buy more than I need and to use up my stash as much as possible.  I talked it over with my husband to be committed to this de-stashing this year.  I do plan to buy some yardage of solids because I plan to use these  fabrics for backgrounds and sashing to tie together my very, very random collection of fabrics. However, to keep things from becoming too crowded and over-whelming in our apartment (and to control costs as well) I am going to plan out my purchases a little more wisely before I order next time.  I am also committed to  putting together project kits of what I already have before I order more fabric.  WIP's/UFO's are going to get done in January! And finally before I start anything else, I need to de-clutter and organize my crafting space a little more wisely.  You will see posts about this project within the next couple of weeks, as we have been working on this very task this week!

Here is my Stash Report through 01/04/2013:
Used This Week:  2 1/8 yards
Used year to Date: 2 1/8 yards
Added This Week:  0 yards 
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2013: +2 1/8 yards

Thanks again for stopping by and you shall see me tomorrow!





2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great plan! I'm also planning to use what I have this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like many of us have the same goals this year. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!