Saturday, January 12, 2013

Stash Report

Opinion Please!

So I am doing better this week, especially after getting the two Crib Quilts completed and handed off to the person who asked me to make them.  I hope her two nieces are very happy with their special presents!  I feel fantastic I have made it 2 weeks into the year without purchasing fabric, however I need to purchase some solid grey, solid cream and the fabric for the sashing on Z's Birthday dress.  I have already scoped these fabrics out at Connecting threads.  I tried to see if there might be coordinating fabric in the Moda line, but it all seems to actually be random heart prints.  I am a little ify on the sashing fabric, so let me hear an opinion on which one you would choose:



Classic Dot: Coral Reef
Solid:  Tea Rose
Classic Dot :  Sweet Pink

Classic Dot :Sabling

It is supposed to go with this Fabric:

The Fabric for January's BOM at the local Craft Store!

Here is where I am this week:

Here is my Stash Report through 01/11/2013:
Used This Week:  15 1/2 yards
Given this week:  1 3/8 Yards
Used/Given year to Date: 19 yards
Added This Week:  1/4 yards 
Added Year to Date: 1/4 yards
Net Used/given for 2013: +18 3/4 yards

Oh One more thing...I won a $50 gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop from the Jolly Jabber!  I entered their Pattern Play item they have weekly on their blog...and this is what I am saving it for:


Finally the perfect fabric for me!  Its not too girly, not too modern, not too vintage and it has the eact shade of blue that is my favorite in the whole world!  I am really to jump out of my skin I am so excited!  It doesn't come out until sometime in March which is perfect because I might be able to convince my hubby to chip in towards some yardage to make pillow coverings for my birthday...

Hopefully we will be able to get my etsy shop up so I can sell some of my quilt projects to buy more fabric too, lol.  You should definitely check out the Jolly Jabber Blog for their Pattern Play post.  They post a pattern and let you pick the line to go with it, I have only done it twice, but its a fun puzzle.

Thanks again for stopping by and you shall see me tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Only because you asked for opinions ... I'd be matching the hearts and swirls with either the tea rose or the green spots.
    Congrats on your win. And I think the PB&J is a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am leaning towards the stabling green or coral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would use the solid ... either green or coral ... but you have to live with it!! and it may look different nect to the quilt xx have fun which ever you choose x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birthday dress? pink dots for sure...Looks great with the print and (more importantly) pinks and reds seem to bring out the glow in Z's skin.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!