Sunday, February 17, 2013

UFO/WIP 8


So we are at the mid-way point for the first quarter and I am getting excited about the number of finishes on my list!  I made strong in roads to my WIP/UFO List last month but no complete finishes. Now we are well into February and I have 2 pieced tops (1 have backing & 0 have binding prepared). Next I tackled some clothing items as I wait to buy batting to finish off those quilts, 2 clothing projects were completed off my list. Now we are getting into some of the trouble areas on my list.  Either conceptually or some other issue it seems.  I continue to use the Easy Street Mystery Quilt as my "Leaders/ Enders" project in between and around other projects which makes it feel less daunting.  


I promise a better Picture next time!
Over the next couple of weeks I will be focusing on my February Scrap Challenge Project which I have been quietly working on in the background.  I don't know what to call it yet except "Scrappy Paperclip" which is based off the Paperclip Quilt I made August 2011 [see Post].  It is slow going because I have to work on it in the evenings when Miss Z is completely asleep so I plan take pictures during the process for a Tutorial.  I actually still get requests for a tutorial for this one, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to make one and complete my challenge at the same time.  I am almost finished with my January Challenge Project and its Tutorial!!  

On the Friday Night Sew-in on Thursday I finally sat down and took the time to get the 4 patch & Squares Quilt blocks trimmed and ready to sew together!  This Project is really getting exciting because the colors have just turned out super so far.  Take a look:




Still In Process:
Christmas Advent Calendar:  I have an idea...besides throwing out the window of a moving vehicle...I am just going to use another thread that purposely doesn't match the first thread.  I have to think more about this before committing.  I really, really don't want to rip out this thread for the 2nd time.
Dusty Rose Quilt:   I have figured out a new pattern for this quilt; currently in 4-patch and 2-patch segments, needs some love.
Dot Explosion Quilt This needs some reworking in concept, I almost have this one figured out.
Easy Street Mystery Quilt:  all the 4-patch blocks & Flying Geese are assembled (I am making half the blocks required for a smaller quilt ), I am currently using this as my Leaders & Enders project in between and around other projects (See Quiltville blog).
February's Scrap Challenge Project:  Partly pieced, My Focus this week 
Fish Quilt:  Frustrating and hated pattern but I am trying to complete anyways.
I'll Fly Away Quilt:  No Progress yet.  I plan to use this one as my Leader/Enders project after the Easy Street Quilt.
March's Scrap Challenge Project:  Project kit ready to go with fabric cut from chosen pattern
Martinique Strip Quilt:  Need to assemble more strips, some are sewn into two strip blocks
Party Dress:  Close to a finish! [AKA Ziona's Birthday Dress]
Poppy Wall Hanging:  No progress for a while
Rainbow Block Quilt:    I have made this my orphan rainbow block quilt
Squares & Patches Quilt:  Squares are trimmed up ready to assemble!
Summersault Patch Quilt:  Need to assemble more strips, some are sewn into two strip blocks

Limbo-landed Items:
Chain Quilt:  Topis complete, back & bindings in process 
Red Eye Quilt:  Top & backing complete, bindings are in process [POST]

New Items not on First Quarter List:
Birthday Bibs:  Started, post to come this week
Cousin #2's Dress:  Paused, making some changes.
Scrappy Hearts Wall Hanging:  mini-hearts compete, assembly required.
Completed Items:
Four Squares Weekend Quilt:  Complete.  [See POST]
Playdate Dress:  Complete.  [See POST]
Two + Two Blouse:  Complete.  [See POST]

Completed Items not on First Quarter List:
Coming Soon

Now that we are back from a nice family luncheon  I am off for a quick nap, but tomorrow I shall get going again!
* Shanna
Are you thinking of going scrappy this year?  If you have time, link up your posts each month with your own personal challenges.  Check out February post:  HERE

I am linking up to:
2013 Finish-a-long hosted by Leanne @She Can Quilt
UFO Sunday hosted by Leah @ The Free Motion Quilting Project
WIP Wednesday hosted by Lee @ Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!