Friday, June 10, 2011

Finished: A Pair of Baby Girl Quilts

 Several movies later, my binding is completed on both quilts.  Well, I get to cross two more things off my "Projects in progress" list!  I am very please how these two quilts turned out.  I am not normally a pink kind of girl, but I think it works well with the purple and the yellow.

I did not use any designer prints per se on these quilts; just scraps of fabric from my stash.  I tried to match the border fabrics in their brightness.  The lime green sashing/backing is fabric that I bought a bolt of about 5 or 6 years ago and I think I may still have quite a few yards left, so it may make its appearance in several more quilts along the way.  I had a 50% coupon at JAF back when solids were $1.99/yard.  So a $1/yard is not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!