Sunday, June 19, 2011

Revisited: Quilt for Co-worker's First baby

This is one of my favorite accidental Quilts!  I had cut pieces to make this quilt for my co-worker's first baby.  This pattern was born from a mistake.  You see I was trying to repeat one of the layouts of the two boy's Quilts.  I made the blocks, and had them piled up with some extra fabric I had on hand for reworking any issues I had with any of the blocks.  One day I was laying the blocks out on my bed and I noticed that a orphan piece of fabric had made its way into my design and it was turning out another pattern all together.










I gathered up some other scraps, played around with how I laid out the blocks and this is what I came up with.  When I quilted the Quilt I just used straight lines to outline the stars.  I love the beautiful green stripe fabric on the back which came from a roll of cotton home decorating fabric I had laying around.  This is the sort of Quilt pattern that I will repeat in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!